How To Join MIHA?
Membership shall be opened to all who are interested in the objectives of MIHA and shall be of four classes, namely Full Member, Associate Member, Student Member and Organizational Member. Approval by the Committee Members for its designee shall be required for election to all classes of membership.
- Full Member
A Full Member shall be opened to all persons above 18 years of age who are Malaysian citizens and graduate with a degree in industrial hygiene, chemistry, physics, engineering, biology or a cognate discipline and who has been engaged a majority of time for at least three years in industrial hygiene-related activities as defined by Committee Members. MIHA will consider and may accept any other degree proposed by a candidate who provides evidence of the scientific content of the curriculum. Social sciences are not considered as qualifying sciences. Where an applicant does not have a degree, experience may be substituted on the basis of two years of qualifying experience for one year of undergraduate education. Full Member shall be entitled to attend and vote at all general meetings and shall be eligible for election to the Committee Members of MIHA.
- Associate Member
An Associate member shall be opened to all persons above 18 years of age who graduate with a degree in industrial hygiene, chemistry, physics, engineering, biology or a cognate discipline and who has been engaged a majority of time for less than 5 years in industrial hygiene-related activities as defined by the Committee Members. Where an applicant does not have a acceptable degree, experience may be substituted on the basis of two years of qualifying experience for one year of undergraduate education. An Associate member shall not entitled to vote at such meeting and shall not be eligible for election to the Committee Members of MIHA.
- Student Member
A full-time student at the college undergraduate or graduate level may become a Student Member upon application and yearly submission of adequate matriculation documentation to MIHA. Such application must be supported with an approval letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University or college. A Student Member shall be entitled to attend all general meetings of MIHA, but shall not be entitled to vote at such meetings, nor shall they be eligible for election to serve as members of Committee Members.
- Organizational Member
The Committee Members may approve as Organizational members such organizations as may apply for this status. The dues for Organizational Members and the privileges of this class of membership shall be defined by the Committee Members. The organization may appoint maximum of three (3) representatives to attend all general meetings of MIHA or any other activities organized by MIHA. Organizational Members shall have no vote nor shall they be eligible for election to serve as members of Committee Members.
- Membership Applications
Application for membership shall be made on a form approved by the Committee Members. All applications for membership must be proposed and seconded by at least two existing members and shall be forwarded to the Honorary Secretary who shall at the first convenient opportunity, submit the application to the Committee Members for approval. The Committee Members, May at its discretion, reject any application without assigning any reason thereof.
- There is no entrance fee for new membership application. The annual membership subscription fee shall be as followed:
Member Type Fees (RM) Full Member 100.00 Associate Member 100.00 Student Member 20.00 Organizational Member 500.00
- Membership fee shall be payable in full by the 31st of January of each year.
- New members approved for Full and Associate after March 31 will pay fee as follows:
Date Application Approved Dues (RM) January 1 – March 31 100.00 April 1- June 30 75.00 July 1 – September 30 50.00 October 1 – December 31 100.00 (includes membership fee for the following financial year)
- New Student membership fee is fixed throughout the year for RM20.00.
- New Organizational membership fees as follows:
Date Application Approved Dues (RM) January 1 – June 30 500.00 July 1 – Dec 31 300.00
- Any members who allows his arrears to exceed 2 years’ subscription shall receive a written notification signed by or on behalf of the Honorary Secretary and shall be denied the privileges of membership until he settles his arrears.
- Every member who allows his arrears to exceed 3 years’ subscription shall automatically cease to be a member of MIHA and the Committee Members may direct that legal action be taken against him provided that they are satisfied that he had received due notice of his debts.
- The Committee Members shall have the power to fix a reinstatement fee for any person who has allowed his membership to lapse through arrears.
- Special subscription or levies for particular purposes may be raised from members for certain reasons by resolution of the general meeting of MIHA. If any member fails to pay such subscription within such period as may be resolved, the amount due shall be treated in the same way as arrears of yearly subscription.
- Every applicant whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall upon payment of the prescribed yearly subscription fee, be admitted as member of MIHA and shall be entitled to all the privileges of membership.
Membership Termination and Reinstatement
- Any members who wish to resign from MIHA shall give 2 weeks notice in writing to the Honorary Secretary and shall pay all dues.
- Membership in MIHA shall be terminated upon the resignation of a member, failure to pay dues, or expulsion from membership for violation of the Constitution, industrial hygiene code of ethics and practice or for commission of any act grossly injurious to the reputation and standing of the industrial hygiene profession or MIHA.
- No member shall be expelled, except for failure to pay dues, without due process and without a two-thirds vote of the Committee Members present and voting at a duly constituted meeting.
- Any member terminated for nonpayment of dues may be reinstated at any time before the next annual meeting of the year following termination by payment of the dues in arrears together with the dues for the current year.
- Any member who fails to comply with the Constitution of MIHA or has acted in a manner to bring disrepute upon MIHA may be expelled or suspended for the period of time as the Committee Members deems fit. Before the Committee Members expels or suspends the member, the member shall be informed of the grounds for such expulsion in writing and be given an opportunity to explain and absolve himself in person. Such suspension or expulsion shall be enforced, unless otherwise reversed by a general meeting upon appeal by the said member.
MIHA Membership Benefits
- Certificate of Membership for new membership only
- Quarterly e-newsletter
- Attractive discount on MIHA Signature Publications, Seminars, Trainings & Conferences… etc.
Click HERE for New MIHA Membership Registration.